Would you like the energy efficiency + comfort + security that a bespoke new house can offer you + your family ?

So you’ve decided to take the plunge and go for your dream house – exciting times! We can help you with thoughtful and striking designs that reflect your character – whether that is a classic, traditional design or a much more up-beat modern design.

If you are not sure how to negotiate the maze of red tape from Planning Permission to Building Regulations to utility connections to solar panels to drainage to smart homes then we can help, you’re in the right place. We can help obtain the statutory council approvals which are usually Planning Permission and Building Regulations and also assist with finding a suitable contractor to build your house and then managing the project on site with a contractor to ensure your house is delivered as expected.


For your dream house to be just as you want it to be you need to be prepared to invest a significant amount of time to investigate the options and best solutions fully so everything is as you expected. If you’ve got this far you should have started to consider the location of the plot of land where the house will be + the different costs involved + how long it might potentially take to get everything designed and built. If not, don’t worry, we can help with that too.

Want to discuss your next architectural project

Get in touch with us today and let us know your requirements, budget and if there is anything in particular that you want and we will get in touch to arrange an appointment to come and discuss your project with you.

VAT Tax Relief for New Houses

New self-build houses are currently VAT free. In practice this works by paying VAT for the labour and building materials and then claiming this VAT back from the government when your house is complete. There are strict rules about what qualifies as new house building work. Certain pieces of related work may still be VAT-able. A summary of what qualifies as a house is:

  • it’s self-contained – there are not any internal doors or connections to other houses or flats.
  • it can be used independently of any other property, including businesses.
  • it can be sold on its own.
  • it has proper Planning Permission.
  • any existing buildings on the site have been demolished completely to ground level [unless you’re extending an existing building to create a new house or flat].

To claim a VAT refund for a new self-build house you will need to complete and submit HMRC Form VAT431NB.

To claim a VAT refund for the conversion of an existing building into a house you will need to complete and submit HMRC Form VAT431C.

Further details can be found on these government websites:



× How can we help you?