Let us help you and your loved ones retain independence and dignity.
If you, your loved ones, your clients or employees and other building users need their home or business premises upgrading to make them more accessible then we can help. We can provide a suitable design and oversee the building work that will ensure continued independence, dignity and enjoyment for many years to come.
Typical situations are:
- Incorporate level access at external doors, with an external ramp or something similar.
- Door alterations such as making doors wider and using special ironmongery, handles, hinges etc.
- Improve access to rooms and facilities, i.e. stairlift, vertical lift and / or a downstairs bathroom.
- Improve facilities such as bathrooms, shower rooms, toilets, kitchens, bedrooms, etc.
- Lifting hoists etc.
- External spaces, patios and approaches.
- Upgrade heating and hot water systems that are suitable.
- Adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use.
Another similar situation may arise through an insurance claim where someone is unfortunately incapacitated in an accident [vehicle, industrial accident etc.] and their place of residence needs substantial alteration to make the building fully accessible for the occupants but also makes it easier and manageable for their carers.
Although disabled access work is usually straightforward it may need Planning Permission and Building Regulations approval. We can help with this and will complete and manage all appropriate applications on your behalf.