Each project is different + we will provide a quote tailored to suit you. Initial design meetings are often free of charge.
We will spend more time on your project than some of our competitors. We always produce extremely detailed + thorough designs + drawings. We endeavour to solve your problems creatively + get things right first time. We aim to offer a top-quality service with regular + clear communication. Your best interests are also our best interests.
We can’t compete on price alone at face value, but we believe our approach offers significant long-term value + benefit to you, the customer, throughout the life of your project. This means your design is as unique as you are. Everything will be clear + easy to understand, will be priced accurately + your project easier to build with less errors + late changes on site = less hassle + less time overall.
All quotes are issued in writing, usually within one week of initial discussions. As we are not VAT registered this helps you keep your costs down.
We provide two packages for our services along with additional ‘bolt on extras’ if you wish to pick + mix between the different services. These packages are:
Fixed fee for design and drawing service only
- Good value for money option if you are familiar with the construction process.
- Fees can start from as little as several hundred pounds for simple and straightforward projects.
- Basic drawings, including technical design and mini-specification only provided, enough for a competent builder to work from.
- Technical design means developing the initial concept into a set of working drawings that can be used for costing and construction.
- Includes preparation and submission of Planning and Building Regulations packages to local authorities.
- Black and white 2D drawings only.
- One design option only, therefore, you should have a clear vision of what you want.
- Limited amount of design changes.
- Includes organising quotes and co-ordinating other vital professionals, such as Structural Engineers and other specialists etc.
- Does not include a digital 3D model of your project, that you can walk around to help visualise the forms, spaces and sizes. This can be added on though, as a Bolt on Extra.
- Does not include for any Party Wall Act notices and assistance, only basic guidance. More information on the Party Wall Act can be found here.
- Does not include obtaining prices from builders, associated negotiations and site meetings, inspections etc.
- Minimum involvement from you until Building Regulations Plans Approval submitted.
- You will need to manage the costs and construction process on site.
Variable percentage rate fee for design and full project management, in conjunction with a reputable local builder
- Best value for money option as this should save you time, money and stress in the long run.
- Fees typically vary from 4-15% of the total construction cost, depending upon building type, complexity and size of project. A higher construction cost may generate a lower percentage fee. A smaller construction cost may generate a higher percentage fee. Percentage rate fees are based on the amount of time it is estimated to complete the services and also help to accommodate project scope changes without having to renegotiate the fee. This is because the amount of architectural work required is usually proportionate to the amount of building work.
- Hybrid fee sometimes used – fixed fee or hourly rate in conjunction with a percentage rate. Fixed fee or hourly rate may be used for initial concept design work + a percentage rate for the technical design + an hourly rate for project management work during construction.
- Fully detailed, comprehensive set of drawings and specification.
- Colour images in 2D and 3D to assist with visualisation.
- Sometimes two or three design options are provided to help you see alternatives before a final scheme is agreed.
- More opportunity for design changes.
- Digital 3D model of your project, in basic form, that you can walk around to help visualise the forms, spaces and sizes. Free 3D model viewer included. Available for iPad and most other devices.
- Includes organising quotes and co-ordinating other professionals, such as Engineers, Surveyors and other specialists etc.
- Includes for Party Wall Act notices and assistance, including appointment of a Party Wall Surveyor if required. More information on the Party Wall Act can be found here.
- Establish short list of local reputable builders and obtain prices [tenders] for the project.
- Appointment of builder and use of industry standard building contract.
- Management and control of costs.
- Certified paper trail / records kept of all changes and payments.
- Site inspections and site meetings.
- Minimum involvement from you until the project is completed.
Want to discuss your next architectural project
Get in touch with us today and let us know your requirements, budget and if there is anything in particular that you want and we will get in touch to arrange an appointment to come and discuss your project with you.
Bolt on Extras
Customisable services to suit your budget
- Bespoke drawing services. Usually used by specialist sub-contractors to provide high quality, professional product or system drawings and construction / fabrication drawings.
- Quick speculative digital sketches to help you establish if you wish to proceed with a fully designed project.
- Colour and 3D images – useful for complex projects.
- Extra design options to provide you with alternatives so you can decide on the best one before a final scheme is agreed.
- Digital 3D model of your project, that you can walk around to help visualise the forms, spaces and sizes. Free 3D model viewer included. Available for iPad and most other devices.
- Site meetings, inspections and project management with builders.
- Hourly rate for other ‘ad hoc’ occasional services outside of the agreed scope of works and original quote.
- New build developments and complicated sites [green belt, contaminated land, restricted access, sloping sites, landlocked positions, etc.] sometimes attract what appears to be a higher fee. This is because of the extra time needed to come up with a solution that works with the restrictions. Additional time will also be required to research and negotiate the statutory approvals and construction process.
- Negotiation can sometimes be accommodated to fit in with your budget.
Comments are closed.